Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fort Walton Beach, Florida 2011

We took the girls to the beach last week. It was Maisy's first 'official beach trip' and a great way to wrap up summer before Afton heads off to Kindergarten.



**I made a movie of our trip (lots of pics and video)- it is about 12 minutes long. Click on this link if you are interested:) Otherwise enjoy a few photos below! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20coyj--tCE

Since I don't like to be limited in what I bring- I am a chronic overpacker- we decided to drive. On the way down we stopped in Louisiana for dinner and stayed the night at a hotel. I was thrilled to see my friend Nichole and her family. They are expecting their third daughter soon.






The next morning we grabbed a quick breakfast at Cafe du Monde and then drove the rest of the way into Florida.




This year we stayed at the Waterscape Resort. It is actually in Fort Walton Beach, just a few miles away from Destin. I loved the pool amenities, the convenience, and service there.










Each day we spent hours on the beach. Maisy was not a huge fan of 'sandy hands' and preferred to stay under the umbrella.




Afton was a dare-devil. I couldn't get her (or Jeff) out of the ocean!





While in Florida we ate out each night and even took a sunset walk on the beach. I love the white sand.







My friend, Erin who owns Splendor Photography, happened to be in the Destin area at the same time. So she took photos of our family. I'll share those soon!

On the way home we drove straight through. The girls were so good- happily watching movies, coloring and napping. It was the perfect, relaxing vacation.



And the memories of our trip made it worth the drive :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...