Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cowboys Stadium

School has gone well all week long. I have to admit getting up so early has been an effort. Who knew our preschool schedule was so great?! But Maisy and I have been able to get a lot done each day- considering we are ready to rock and roll after we drop Afton off at 7:40 :)





This week will be a bit different because now Afton will be on her 'real school schedule'- going from 7:45- 2:45. No more half days. But my positive girl is excited to eat lunch at school and buy her first cafeteria meal. Being in Kindergarten, her lunch time is at 10:30! Luckily, they have an afternoon snack at 12:30.

I have been pleasantly surprised how well Afton has adjusted to the new school and new friends. I managed to sink myself into a horrible funk- sobbing each day. But I am hoping to be more like Afton this week and make the best of our new adventure.

--------------

On Saturday the Grapevine Colleyville Texans played at Cowboys Stadium. Afton and her squad got to cheer too. We had a great time touring the stadium and locker rooms.





Striking a pose with Daddy...

and then sweet Maisy Lou wanted a turn. 





Before our game started, Afton threw the ball around with the cutest little 3 year old boy.



I love a cheerleader that can throw the ball too!


Finally the game started. Afton was lucky enough to have a complete entourage (family) who came to see her cheer at the big game. We had a blast watching our little girl perform with her squad.


 This was my 'cheering debut' too- I am coaching her squad this year :)




The game was a success and we are 'fired up' for a fabulous season. 
Hope you have a 'spirited' week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...