I made a delicious Apple Cake- I found the recipe on Bakerella's blog (you know the cake ball lady!) It is the perfect fall treat. Of course it is yummy warm, but I liked it even better this morning at 10:30 am straight from the fridge. It is a very dense cake. Reminds me of the pumpkin bread 'Manda' loves so much. Give this recipe a try!
Easy Apple Cake
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups diced apples
1 cup chopped dates rolled in flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and cinnamon with a wire whisk and set aside.
- Combine sugar and oil using a mixer until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in nuts, dates and apples. The batter will be very thick.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 X 13 pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until done.
- Cool cake and using a skewer, poke holes in cake.
- Cook topping ingredients on stove until mixture bubbles.
- Pour topping over cake letting it seep into the cake.
Finally we are busy getting ready for Maisy's "Vintage Cowgirl" birthday party. I am so excited to celebrate our baby's first year. Lots of crafting going on in this house- if you haven't seen my new craft room- check it out on my other blog Crafty Texas Girls