Monday, September 27, 2010

The Well-Versed Family

This year I joined MOPS at our church. MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) is a group for mommies of young children. We meet every other week to socialize, trade stories and tips, pray, eat, and listen to a speaker. It is extremely motivating and supporting- I am really enjoying it.


Our speaker last week was Caroline Boykin, author of "The Well-Versed Family". Her message was about the importance of raising kids of faith through scripture memorization. I loved her! She spoke of passing on wisdom and comfort to our children by teaching them bible verses. It is a way to equip our children with something meaningful to take with them as they head into the world. So this month, Afton and I are working on a verse about using kind words. If you want, join in with us and work on this verse too.

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Proverbs 15:1

We are using some hand motions to help with this one. (stirring with our hand) Afton loves to practice saying the verse at night while I rub her back. She put it into action the other day when Jeff's voice got a bit serious, she said "Daddy are you stirring up some anger!" But it seriously has helped her remember to use a kind voice with her sister.
 
Things are still moving at a fast pace around here. Miss Maisy got another ear infection last week. So this Friday, she will be having a little surgery to insert tubes into her ears. I am nervous about it and also excited, I know that it will immediately help her feel better and keep her from getting infections. I am also hoping she will sleep better as well.

We ventured out to Main Street Days. We went early on Friday (got in free) and had a good time eating corn dogs, riding the carnival rides, and listening to music.
I love that sweet look on her face...



Afton loves everything about the 'fair', but mostly the popcorn.

Can my girls be any blonder?!

Beyond all of that, we have all been crafty around here. Jeff and I make a pretty good team when it comes to decor etc. I think of an idea and he does all the hard work to make it happen!

Here is a look at the before and after of "Sophia" my new desk chair. I am posting the details of her make-over on Crafty Texas Girls. Pop on over there if you are interested in all the staple and hot-glue-gun fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...