Monday, September 20, 2010

Sporty Saturday

I had an awesome time at the Tour des Fleurs Race on Saturday morning. I ran faster than I thought I would and felt great when it was all said and done. Here is a link with pictures of me crossing the finish line.

http://orders.racephotonetwork.com/QPPlus/Images.aspx

Of course Afton kept asking if I won a gold medal- "no". But did I try my best?- "yes". Then I should have gotten a medal- "my thoughts exactly".

I finished the 10K at 57:49, 25th in my age division out of 149, 98th out of 795 women. I usually run a solid 10 minute mile, but at the race I averaged 9:20 mile. (It was kinda fun passing people!)

Afton had a soccer game after I came home. She did much better this week- more smiles and only a few tears at the end when she got 'too hot and tired'. I love how she smiles when she runs.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...