Monday, February 1, 2010

Decorating

Maisy- my brave little shopping partner!


With the new year comes new decor in the Conner house. Between wiping noses, dosing medications, and cleaning spit-up... I have been shopping. I am re-doing most of our decor. Goodbye red/yellow- hello neutrals with a pop of turquoise for color. The house will be repainted a light khaki in March, the kitchen border will be removed and some new curtains have been ordered. But here are some of the little changes done so far. Use your imagination for now!

Before


After


Before


Before


After


After



After

These are the 'new to us' wingbacks. I guess you could consider this recycling. Jeff found these chairs for me on craigslist for $25 each. They will be covered in this fabric, which is indoor/outdoor, so it will be easy to clean. The cording on the chair will be done in turquoise. These chairs will replace the red couch in the breakfast nook. 




I am excited to see everything come together. Keep watching for more. Next up is art and accessories. Thank you Jennifer for helping me find my 'design' style!

As I was shopping online at Hobby Lobby, I saw their inspiration quote of the week and thought I would share:

       "We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by."


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...