Friday, October 9, 2009

Maisy Lou is Here!

Well we kept things interesting as usual. I went to the dr. on Tuesday afternoon because I was experiencing a lot of headaches and swelling. My blood pressure had begun to rise, so Dr. Wai ordered a 24 hour urine test to check for protein in my urine. Since I had preeclampsia with Afton, he wanted to be cautious that I wasn't getting it again.

On Wednesday, I went by his office at 4:30 for an appointment with the nurse. I was planning on dropping off my urine sample and having my blood drawn. Afton and Jeff came along for the ride. Once I got in the office my blood pressure had climbed to 160/109. The nurse immediately called Dr.Wai, who was not working that day, and he sent us down to Labor & Delivery at 5:00. By the time we got downstairs and checked-in, it was 6pm. The nurse said Dr.Wai was on his way, we would be doing an emergency c-section at 7pm! My blood pressure was now at 170/111. Jeff had to scramble to get Afton home, packed and over to my dad's house. We had nothing ready! He raced around and made it back to the hospital just in time to see Maisy delivered.

The c-section went really well. Maisy Lou Conner was born at 7:10pm on Oct. 7th. She weighs 6 pounds 7 ounces and is 18.75 inches long. She is beautiful, with lots of dark brown hair. It was so exciting to give birth to a healthy baby and get to keep her with us!

We will be staying at Baylor until Saturday. Our nurses have been wonderful. Afton has been a doll. When she first heard Maisy cry, she said "Don't worry, your big sister is here!". Afton has been so careful and loving with both Maisy and mom. She is staying with Mimi & GranDanny until Saturday morning.

After having a preemie, everything about this birth seems like a blessing. We are so thankful for a healthy baby who is strong, able to nurse, and will be going home with us! Stay tuned for lots more photos & updates.







1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...