Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Break

Since we were in Florida just last month, we decided to stay in town for Spring Break. Which turned out to be a good thing- since the stomach virus floated around our house all week.


Luckily the virus only lasted 24 hours per person, so we did get a chance to get out of the house a bit.
We made our annual trip to the Dallas Arboretum for the Spring Blooms. 

 

It's our special tradition with Grammy- a yummy picnic lunch and beautiful flowers.


The theme this year was "Storybook Castles". Here is Afton scaling Rapunzel's tower.


Makes me wish I had remembered to plant tulip bulbs!


 Maisy was tickled with the goats. She thought they were so funny.





I love this photo- sweet girls.


 That weekend, Afton also ran her first 'road race'. I put Maisy in the jogging stroller and Afton ran next to us. The one mile run was to raise money for a baby girl in Keller who was born with a hole in her heart.

 

This Sunday is my big race, the Dallas Rock n Roll Half- Marathon.  I went to the Race Expo today and picked up my number and shirt. I have been training with 4 other "Running Moms. I can't wait for our big day!

13.1 here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...