Thursday, August 26, 2010

Finding Treasures

I have been driving my husband crazy lately. I have fallen in love with 'old things'- you know, vintage, antique, items with some history. (Most men know these items as used, old, trash etc.) But I think there is value in finding something old and making it new again.

Soooo, I have been 'thrifting' a lot this month. The only way to find really good 'old things' is to be constantly on the look-out. The girls and I have been scouring local resale and thrift shops.

One day I found these old mirrors. They were tacky gold and I painted them a glorious white.



Another day Afton really got into the search. She found this ....


Now I don't consider this an 'antique' since Barbie's hair was thankfully very clean and appeared to have never been played with. But for $2, how could I say no??!!

On my way home from a recent ZTA Meeting, I spotted a lovely pin-stripe wing back chair just sitting by the road on Park Hill. I didn't even *know* that I wanted another wing back, but seeing the chair waiting patiently for a new owner, I could not pass it by.

Trouble was, I was driving Jeff's Impala. Hmmm. I heaved and huffed- puffed and groaned (while wearing a cute shift dress) and I realized that the back seat was not an option. So I popped the trunk, moved all the file cabinets to the back seat, shifted the centrifuge to the front seat and crammed my chair in.



Then in 'true macgyver' style, I found a bungee cord and used it to lock my treasure in safely. After a test run on University, I deemed her 'highway worthy'. Jeff was thrilled when I pulled into the driveway. Hehehe.



Now the chair is sitting in our bedroom- a perfect fit! Just needs to be reupholstered. Anyone else out there love hunting for treasures?:)


And I couldn't blog with out a few pics of my cuties.

We have had gorgeous weather recently. So yesterday, Jennifer and I took the girls to CFA. They played outside nicely for-EVER. Maisy entertained herself by cruising along the fence and then waved happily when she found a pole to hold on to.

















Maisy 'waves'


Afton and Vivi are true friends- when we showed up they were delighted to find that they were wearing the exact same skirt! Only at this age do you find happiness in wearing the same outfit as your BFF.




Ms. Georgia was there too- snoozing away- undoubtedly dreaming of the day when she can join in on all the fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...