Friday, June 25, 2010

Fudge Pie and Father's Day

We celebrated Father's Day with a backyard BBQ and some swimming. My dad and Tricia, Amanda, Becka, Jenn, Jade and Analeigh came over on Sunday.

Afton and I made a delicious fudge pie to serve for dessert. The recipe is super easy, I actually had all the ingredients in my pantry. It is the perfect dish to whip up with a 'preschool age' helper. Go here for the recipe, much thanks to Jordin and Jennifer for the yummy tip. Oh and it is best served with "Bunny Tracks" ice cream, trust me.






This was Jade's first Father's Day. He has been such a great uncle to Afton for the past 4 years, we just knew he would make an excellent dad.



See how happy Analeigh is? That's due to her fabulous mom and dad!

Jeff's fathering skills never cease to amaze me. He has is adored by his daughters and his wife. He has provided us with such a wonderful life. And he is always willing to do whatever takes to keep us happy- whether it is playing the "Daddy Prince" when Afton is Cinderella or rocking Maisy on the back porch. Jeff does it all! 


















And what can I say about my own Dad? He's my Dad! He is there for me when I call, he is a loving Grandpa to my girls, and he always has loads of advice to hand out. 



 Most importantly, he has given me some really good lines to use on my girls as they grow up! 
-Any physical ailment/pain/sickness was always treated with the question "Do you need to go to the bathroom?" 
-Leaving the door open, we would hear "Were you raised in a barn?"
- And my favorite, because it is true "If a job is worth doing, it is worth doing right!"

Dad with his girls, Father's Day 2010. 

"A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child." 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...