Thursday, March 18, 2021

Spring Break 2021

 It was like 'deja vu'. The whole COVID mess started this time last year. And going back to Idaho brought back everything! We weren't sure what skiing during a pandemic would be like. But we were all willing to make any accommodations needed- as long as that meant we could travel with our girls and enjoy the beauty of the mountains. 

Due to volleyball, we came in a day earlier than the rest of our friends. We spent the night in Boise and drove to McCall the next morning. We did a little sightseeing on our own. The girls couldn't resist walking on the frozen Lake Payette and sledding down the hills outside of our condo. 







Day 1-The next day we got up early for skiing. Maisy and I took a refresher lesson while Jeff and Afton skiied together. The mountain was strict about masks on the chair lift entrance/exit. And there was limited indoor dining. The menu was 'grab & go'. But our favorite parts of Brundage were still there- the snow, the mountain, and the views. 









We met up with everyone that night for dinner. It was fun to see everyone again. All the kids have gotten so big since that first year we went skiing. 



 


Day 2-On the second day of skiing, I woke up to a beautiful vanilla sky for my morning run. Running in the cold like that is so exhilarating. We skied all day and then hung out at the lodge for 'ski apres' that included sledding and snowball fights. We met everyone for dinner at Shore Lodge. (And along the way, Maisy met a new furry friend.)




















Day 3-Our third day of skiing was my best ski day yet! Afton reached her top speed- 64 mph !! And Maisy held her own with the speedy guys too. Proud of my chicks! And after four years of coming to Brundage, I finally got my ‘ski legs’. I will never set a speed record like Afton, but it was the most confident I have ever felt skiing. That night, the adults went out for annual 'fancy' dinner and the kids all went to the local Mexican dive. (Except Maisy- she stayed home alone... which she was not happy about! It's hard being the only little kid.)









Day 4- I really didn't want to come home. I think this was my favorite trip to McCall. Idaho provided us with a beautiful week of spring skiing. Grateful for the fresh air, blue skies, endless sun, and this time with family and friends. (When we got home, I spent 2 weeks looking at properties in Idaho- and trying to get Jeff to move. No luck!)






Hope we get to go back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...