Monday, November 7, 2011

Movin' and Shakin'

Now that Afton is in school all day long, she really looks forward to coming home and getting outside.  Since she learned to ride on 'two wheels' back in September, her favorite thing to do is ride. 


Jeff and I got new bikes last spring. And Miss Maisy rides on the back of my bike in a baby seat. The four of us spend a lot of time cruising the neighborhood and riding to the park. 


And with her new balance skills, Afton has gotten really good on her scooter. She likes to shoot down the neighbor's driveway- little dare devil! 


Maisy thinks this is especially exciting!


And when she's not biking, Afton is developing a love of running. **I'm so proud!**
She and I did  the 1 Mile Fun Run at her school a few weeks ago.


Maisy, my usual running partner, decided to sit this one out.



Afton ran the entire way and completed the race under 15 minutes.


 She sprinted the end and even received a medal and blue ribbon for finishing.  I love this kid's energy and enthusiasm!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...